The Metuchen Area Chamber of Commerce is organized to advance the civic, industrial, professional and commercial interests of the Borough of Metuchen and vicinity, to maintain a high standard of integrity in business practices, and to accumulate and distribute information of value to its members. The Chamber reflects the neighborly, small town spirit of Metuchen. It is a partnership of businesses, professionals and residential volunteers working together to keep Metuchen a thriving enterprising community.
The Chamber also serves as a spokesperson and economic specialist for business, a tourist information center for potential businesses and residents, and a public relations specialist for the town.
Through our Chamber-sponsored events, we actively seek to bring business to the doorsteps of our members, and to provide opportunities for Metuchen residents and businesses to share in activities that are mutually rewarding thus improving the quality of life for all.
The Chamber continuously works with Borough Government to keep Metuchen an attractive place to live and work by:
- Helping to revise zoning and planning regulations to simplify the process of opening and maintaining a business,
- Supporting the efforts of the Development Commission to promote Metuchen as “Business Friendly,”
- Encouraging and Participating in the beautification of the downtown business area,
- Working with the Parking Authority to provide more and better parking facilities for customers, clients and commuters,
- Working with the Boro and NJ Transit to help in maintaining the Railroad Station as an attractive entry into the Downtown area.
We invite you to browse through our web site to see the many benefits of membership in the Metuchen Area Chamber of Commerce, and to access information about the Chamber and our community that you will find interesting and helpful.
If you have any questions or want further information, please contact us.
WELCOME TO METUCHEN guide